GULFPORT, Miss. (WJTV) -- A 49-year-old Picayune man is sentenced 72 months in federal prison followed by three years of supervised release for distributing methamphetamine.
U.S. Attorney Mike Hurst said 49-year-old Dennis Earl Smith was sentenced Thursday.
Authorities said Smith pled guilty on January 11, 2018, to one count of possession with intent to distribute methamphetamine.
Smitt was part of a five-person indictment against a group of individuals who were distributing methamphetamine in the Picayune area.
During the course of the investigation, law enforcement said they purchased two ounces of pure methamphetamine from Smith.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: Latest earthquake on Indonesian island kills 2
- City of Madison declares state of emergency after tornado
- Pastor upset about repeated flooding in Jackson
- MC Choctaws say new offensive coordinator is bringing new intensity