HATTIESBURG, Miss. (WHLT) – On Wednesday, August 19, 2020, a man was arrested on multiple felony drug charges by Hattiesburg police and Metro Narcotics Agents.
According to investigators, 28-year-old Austin Barnett was arrested at his home in the 300 block of Venetian Way. Officers seized 14 dosage units of LSD/acid, 7 dosage units of Oxycodone, 0.4 grams of meth, 106 grams of marijuana and two firearms.
Police said Barnett was charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance while in possession of a firearm.
Barnett was booked into the Forrest County Jail.
- 2,680 new coronavirus cases, 70 additional deaths in Mississippi
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Rhode Island doctor accused of ‘recklessly’ exposing patients, staff to COVID-19
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution