HATTIESBURG, Miss. (WHLT) – The excitement is building as we are just days away from the official introduction of the University of Southern Mississippi’s next head football coach.
It’s been an up and down 2020 season at Southern Miss. The team has had two interim head coaches since Jay Hopson stepped down this year.
Fans we talked with hope Will Hall brings some stability to the Golden Eagles’ program.
“When I first heard they were hiring a new coach, I really didn’t believe the hype. I really do hope the coach they’re bringing in really stays and really helps the football program. We really do need someone that’s a leader,” said USM student, Mario Coleman.
A news conference to announce Hall as the school’s 22nd coach will take place, on Monday December 7, at 10 a.m., at Reed Green Coliseum.
- Rhode Island doctor accused of ‘recklessly’ exposing patients, staff to COVID-19
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Man convicted in 3 killings to be last of 13 executed under Trump administration
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault