GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) — An investigation into a wreck Saturday along the Mississippi coast turned into a homicide probe after officers found two men shot to death inside, authorities said.
Rashaud Fairley, 22, and Charles Johnson, 34, died at the scene around 5:15 a.m. Saturday, Harrison County Deputy Coroner Whitney Valles told media outlets.
The original call to police was about a car crash in a residential neighborhood in Gulfport, authorities said.
Police are investigating the killings as a double homicide, but did not release additional information. No arrests have been made.
- TOUR: One-room schoolhouse renovated into home hits market in Indiana
- For 1st Black Pentagon chief, racism challenge is personal
- Political upheaval alters strategies in US abortion debate
- Insurers add food to coverage menu as way to improve health
- From presidents to faded stars, all welcomed by Larry King