JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police responded to a shooting in downtown Jackson after a suspect fired shots Thursday morning. The shooting happened at the intersection of Pearl Street and State Street.
According to Chief James Davis, a patrol officer was in the area and noticed a man walking with a handgun in the parking lots nearby. He said the suspect fired shots in the air. When the officer approached him, the suspect fired at the office.
Chief David said the suspect suffers from a mental illness and has been arrested before.
No one was hurt during the incident.
- Lily Pad Cafe Opening to Provide Jobs for Special Needs
- Local inventor fights against COVID-19 with the creation of a face shield
- U.S. Senator Roger Wicker supports efforts to fill vacancy of Supreme Court
- Cities creating racial ‘healing’ committees to confront past
- Walmart, Amazon among donors to QAnon-promoting lawmaker