JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Mississippi Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce Andy Gipson (R-Miss.) was chosen to serve as a delegate at the Republican National Convention. He will also serve on the platform committee.
12 News talked to Gipson about serving as a delegate at the RNC.
On Tuesday, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) discussed being named the chairman of the Democratic National Convention.
- Secretary of State makes surprise trip to Afghanistan after Biden announces he’s pulling troops from region
- More ‘plus-up’ stimulus payments on the way to taxpayers this week, IRS says
- Mississippi shoppers could spend more on groceries this month
- 12 News Investigates: Madison County teachers, staff receive COVID-19 vaccines
- Young Wesson girl battling cancer gets her Make-A-Wish