WASHINGTON (AP) – Republicans are expecting President Donald Trump to announce Saturday that he is nominating Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, as he aims to put a historic stamp on the high court just weeks before the election.
Even before Trump unveils the pick, conservative groups and congressional allies are laying the groundwork for a swift confirmation process for Barrett.
They, like the president, are wasting little time moving to replace the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, organizing multimillion-dollar ad campaigns and marshalling supporters both to confirm the pick and to boost Trump to a second term.
- Mississippi Blood Services at crisis level for blood donations
- WATCH: Lady Gaga sings national anthem at Biden’s inauguration
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?
- Hosemann Family Foundation creates scholarship for future educators
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book