JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – With votes still being counted in several states for the presidential election, Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves spoke out against mail-in voting and no-excuse early voting.
The governor released the following statement on Twitter:
I will do everything in my power to ensure every ballot legally cast in the 2020 election in Mississippi gets counted—no matter how long it takes.
But based on what I see in other states today, I will also do everything in my power to make sure universal mail-in voting and no-excuse early voting are not allowed in MS—not while I’m governor! Too much chaos. Only way it’d happen is if many GOP legislators override a veto!Gov. Tate Reeves (R-Miss.)
- Turkey Giveaway to Help Local Families
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Egg Bowl week begins in Mississippi
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- Jones County Fire Rescue suggests seatbelts during holiday travel