JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Governor Tate Reeves signed a bill that would end prohibition in Mississippi. House Bill 1087 was introduced by State Representative Trey Lamar.
Before the bill was signed, there were 29 dry counties in the state. The counties would be able to be dry again with an election.
The governor signed the bill on Tuesday, June 30.
- JPS makes final push for students to register for new school year
- Protest outside Pine Prairie ICE facility halted after several people pepper-sprayed by law enforcement
- Mother of special needs child recreates special ed classroom at home
- Jackson Public School District cancels fall competitions
- Back-to-school politics: Debate over in-person learning dividing lawmakers