JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi House passed the Life Equality Act (HB 1295), sending it to Governor Tate Reeves for his signature. The Mississippi Senate passed the bill last week.
The bill would ban abortion based on the race, sex or genetic anomalies of a fetus.
Supporters said the measure would prevent abortion for Down syndrome or other conditions. Opponents said it would interfere with private medical decisions.
- Judge dismisses charges against 4 former social workers in death of California 8-year-old
- State Rep. Manly Barton in ICU with COVID-19
- ‘Back to the Future’ DeLorean, Batmobile and Ectomobile replicas put up for sale by US Marshals
- BIG EAST latest conference to only compete within the conference this fall
- Mississippi Choctaws to offer Wi-Fi access in Tribal Schools