JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi Legislature plans to return to the State Capitol in Jackson on Monday, August 10.
According to lawmakers, the legislature will return to overturn vetoes by Governor Tate Reeves. They will also take up the Department of Marine Resources and education budgets.
This comes after a COVID-19 outbreak at the Mississippi State Capitol sickened several lawmakers.
- ‘It fell from the sky’: Bullet shatters Denver man’s sunroof
- Florida emergency chief strongly discourages ‘vaccine tourism’ flights
- 2,342 new coronavirus cases, 55 additional deaths in Mississippi
- US surgeon general acknowledges Black skepticism of vaccines
- Sal & Mookie’s moving to the District at Eastover