JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi Legislature plans to return to the State Capitol in Jackson on Monday, August 10.
According to lawmakers, the legislature will return to overturn vetoes by Governor Tate Reeves. They will also take up the Department of Marine Resources and education budgets.
This comes after a COVID-19 outbreak at the Mississippi State Capitol sickened several lawmakers.
- Local Hattiesburg golfer Davis Riley to compete in Sanderson Farms Championship
- Sanderson Farms Championship Preview: Players to watch for
- Up to 20 Jackson Police Officers called out Tuesday as new raises come to department
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night