JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Secretary of State Michael Watson (R-Miss.) filed his response to a challenge to Initiative 65, in regards to medical marijuana.
The response said the Mississippi Supreme Court should dismiss the petitioners’ claim for lack of merit and/or on laches ground.
Last month, the City of Madison and Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler have filed an emergency petition before the Mississippi Supreme Court seeking a declaration that Initiative 65 was unconstitutionally brought to voters.
Mississippians voted in favor of Initiative 65 on November 3.
Click here to read the full document.
- Randy Bolden excited to make history as new Mississippi College basketball coach
- Will Smith ‘Emancipation’ film exits Georgia over voting laws
- Reservoir Police won’t renew Covid-19 restrictions for boaters
- 6-Month-Old and 11-Year-Old in Critical Condition after Ridgeland Car Crash
- ‘It’d be my honor’: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson backs poll showing support for presidential run