JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Secretary of State Michael Watson (R-Miss.) filed his response to a challenge to Initiative 65, in regards to medical marijuana.
The response said the Mississippi Supreme Court should dismiss the petitioners’ claim for lack of merit and/or on laches ground.
Last month, the City of Madison and Mayor Mary Hawkins Butler have filed an emergency petition before the Mississippi Supreme Court seeking a declaration that Initiative 65 was unconstitutionally brought to voters.
Mississippians voted in favor of Initiative 65 on November 3.
Click here to read the full document.
- Crash on I-20 East before Gallatain Street
- U.S. students falling behind in math during pandemic, study finds
- At tiny rural hospitals, weary doctors treat friends, family
- COVID-19 patient gets help from across the U.S. thanks to Navy SEAL brother-in-law
- Tips to protect against ‘porch pirates’ during the holiday shopping season