JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – President Donald Trump tweeted his support for U.S. Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) on Wednesday.
The president said, “Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith delivers for Mississippi! She helped cut your taxes, secure our border, and defend the second amendment. Cindy’s opponent, Mike Espy, is a corrupt politician who will raise your taxes and open your borders! Vote for Cindy!”
On Wednesday, former President Barack Obama endorsed Espy, who is challenging Hyde-Smith, for the U.S. Senate seat.
- U.S. students falling behind in math during pandemic, study finds
- At tiny rural hospitals, weary doctors treat friends, family
- COVID-19 patient gets help from across the U.S. thanks to Navy SEAL brother-in-law
- Tips to protect against ‘porch pirates’ during the holiday shopping season
- Crews respond to house fire on Gertrude Drive