RAYMOND, Miss. (WJTV) – On Monday, the Hinds County School District (HCSD) announced the start of the Gary Road Elementary School and Gary Road Intermediate School bond projects.
The two schools will both have a new gymnatorium once construction is completed.
Principal Ashley Green at Gary Road Intermediate stated, “we are looking forward to the building of the new Gymnasium and Theatre Arts classrooms starting this week. Beyond that, we are ecstatic about hosting grade level and school-level events that will occur in one setting with the seating capacity for up to 1300 individuals.”
These construction projects are part of the district’s bond program focused on enhancements to facilities that will support academic achievement, artistic performance and parent engagement.
“Each of these bond projects is important to our students and to the communities we serve because they are tangible representations of our commitment to excellence,” said Dr. Delesicia Martin, superintendent of Hinds County School District. “These facilities are particularly important for the community because they create more opportunities for students to participate in physical activities that promote healthy behaviors and build teamwork, communication, and leadership skills.”
- 730 new coronavirus cases, 31 additional deaths in Mississippi
- American Lung Association invites Mississippi schools to join vape-free schools initiative
- PHOTOS: Flying squirrel trafficking ring busted by Florida wildlife officials
- Second stimulus checks: Major hurdles remain as election aid deadline nears
- Newsfeed Now: Trump campaigns in PA; Changes to Thursday’s presidential debate