RANKIN COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – A man has died from his injuries following a single vehicle crash Tuesday evening in Rankin County.
The crash happened just after 8:10 p.m. on Highway 80 near old Highway 49.
According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, Jackson Thompson was traveling westbound on Highway 80 near the intersection of old Highway 49.
Thompson was driving a 2003 Toyota Corolla when he collided with Charles Banks, who was walking on Highway 80.
No charges are being filed at this time. The crash is currently under investigation.
- Man splits $5M jackpot … with himself after accidentally buying 2 tickets
- New C-Pod reopens at Hinds County Detention Center
- Mississippi State Fair extended for one more week
- Alabama Senate candidates face off in exclusive interviews
- Asylum seekers stage demonstration at the border, demand their cases be heard in US