PEARL, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi State Fire Academy hosted its annual memorial service on Tuesday, October 6.
More than 100 fallen first responders have been remembered every year since 1885 for their sacrifice. Director Terry Wages said he’s grateful no lives have been lost this year, but he continues to pray for those who have lost loved ones.
The up and coming class of firefighters also attended the event. State Fire Marshal Mike Chaney said it’s important for them to know those who came before and gave their lives.
This service is held every year on Fire Prevention Week to also bring awareness to the importance of fire safety.
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- 12 News Investigates: Are gun shows contributing to culture of violence?
- Jackson mother describes experience of not having water for weeks
- New Yorkers split if Governor Cuomo’s apology was sincere