JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Even with a pandemic going on a Jackson State University legend celebrated his birthday with the tiger faithful.
Hall of Fame baseball coach Robert “Bob” Braddy received a surprise 80th birthday celebration. Family, friends and JSU fans wished him a happy birthday from their cars outside Braddy’s home in Florence.
Braddy said it’s a day he won’t forget.
“It really gives you a feeling like you made some contribution in life, family to the athletes, I coached to the people I worked with. I just thank god for it. It’s a special event,” said Braddy.
He spent 28 years as the Tigers head ball coach which included 9 SWAC Coach of the Year Awards.
- Rhode Island doctor accused of ‘recklessly’ exposing patients, staff to COVID-19
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault