JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Salvation Army of Jackson is preparing for the holiday season by helping people register for the Angel Tree program.
Families with children 12 and under, who live in Hinds, Rankin, Scott, Copiah, Madison and Yazoo counties, can register from the program.
The Angel Tree has tags with information about the child and what they would like for Christmas. Starting November 2, shoppers can adopt a tag.
“The public can come, pick out their tag go shopping for the angel, there’s instructions on the back about where to bring the gifts and how they need to be returned,” explained Michelle Hartfield with the Salvation Army.
Registration for the Angel Tree program will end on Friday, October 30, at 3:00 p.m.
- At tiny rural hospitals, weary doctors treat friends, family
- COVID-19 patient gets help from across the U.S. thanks to Navy SEAL brother-in-law
- Tips to protect against ‘porch pirates’ during the holiday shopping season
- Crews respond to house fire on Gertrude Drive
- Ice-T says ‘no-masker’ father-in-law is ‘a believer now’ after 40 days in ICU battling COVID-19