JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The Salvation Army of Jackson’s annual Angel Tree project is underway for the holiday season. Toys are being assembled at the organization’s warehouse. Organizers said toys, clothing and accessories for all ages are welcome.
“Soccer balls, footballs bath bombs, nail kits, anything as far as clothing. We always need extra coats, underwear and socks,” said Taylor Hart, Jackson Salvation Army Development Director.
Hart added that the hardest group to shop for is pre-teens, ages 10-12. So be mindful if you plan to contribute.
“We end up lacking in donations sometimes for those so anything as far as those age groups would be really beneficial.”
Tags and gift drop off will be available in participating local Walmart stores through Saturday, December 5. The store locations are listed below:
- Walmart Byram – 131 Handley Blvd.
- Walmart Clinton – 950 Highway 80 E.
- Walmart Flowood – 5341 MS 25
- Walmart Jackson – 2711 Greenway Dr.
- Walmart Madison – 127 Grandview Blvd.
- Walmart Pearl – 5520 Highway 80 E.
- Walmart Richland – 200 Marketplace Dr.
- Walmart Ridgeland – 815 S. Wheatley St.
If you’re not able to donate toys but would like to make a financial contribution, you can do so online.
- Rhode Island doctor accused of ‘recklessly’ exposing patients, staff to COVID-19
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault