JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Freezing temperatures are expected on Tuesday, January 12, in the Jackson-metro area. Some school districts and businesses have made changes to their schedules.
- Clinton Public School District – will enact a delayed start for Jan. 12
- Clinton Park, Northside & Eastside will begin at 9:25 a.m.
- Lovett & CJHS will begin at 9:50 a.m.
- Sumner Hill & CHS will begin at 10:00 a.m.
- Leake County School District – district will utilize a delayed start schedule for Jan. 12 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
- Madison County School District – district will keep campuses closed and hold a distance learning day on Jan. 12
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Mississippi – closed on Jan. 12, including Capitol, Sykes and Walker Units.
- Mississippi Lottery – offices will delay opening on Jan. 12 until 10:30 a.m.
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- Rhode Island doctor accused of ‘recklessly’ exposing patients, staff to COVID-19
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine