JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – School districts and businesses are announcing schedule changes due to the winter weather.
- Hinds County School District – Due to low water pressure, Gary Road Elementary, Gary Road Intermediate, and Byram Middle School students will continue to participate in Virtual/Distance Learning on Friday, February 26, 2021.
- Jackson Public Schools – Schools will be all-virtual Friday, February 26 due to low or no water pressure and power outages across the city of Jackson. There will be no in-person learning. The Child Nutrition On The Go team will prepare meals and deliver them throughout the city at the normal times and drop-off locations. Parents may also pick up meals from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at the following locations:
- Clausell Elementary, 3330 Harley Street
- McCleod Elementary, 1616 Sandlewood Place
- McWillie Elementary, 4851 McWillie Circle
- Kirksey Middle, 5677 Highland Drive
- Northwest Middle, 7020 Highway 49 North
- Lanier High, 833 West Maple Street
- Murrah High, 1400 Murrah Drive
- Mississippi State Department of Health – Due to continued lack of water, the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) Central Office in Jackson will be closed on Friday, February 26. However, the MSDH Public Health Laboratory will remain OPEN for all services, including water testing and clinical testing.
- Thad Cochran United States Courthouse will remain closed Friday, Feb. 26