CANTON, Miss. (WJTV) – Madison County Coroner Alex Breeland said a second person has died in connection to the shooting that happened at the McDonald’s in Canton. According to police, the second victim has been identified as 13-year-old Robert Luckett, Jr.
Deondric Devontae-Remon Green was arrested in connection to the shooting that happened Wednesday night. Police said the suspect used a high-powered rifle.
Green was later arrested by the Madison County Sheriff’s Office. At this time, he has been given no bond.
The U.S. Marshals Service, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation (MBI) and the Mississippi Highway Patrol (MHP) also responded to the scene on Wednesday. Canton Police Chief Otha Brown said the investigation has been turned over to MBI.
Authorities said they believe the motive for the shooting was a retaliation to a previous shooting.
More arrests are possible in this case.
- U.S. students falling behind in math during pandemic, study finds
- At tiny rural hospitals, weary doctors treat friends, family
- COVID-19 patient gets help from across the U.S. thanks to Navy SEAL brother-in-law
- Tips to protect against ‘porch pirates’ during the holiday shopping season
- Crews respond to house fire on Gertrude Drive