JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV)- U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren announced her endorsement for U.S. Senator candidate Mike Espy.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren issued the following statement via Twitter:
@MikeEspyMS will fight his heart out for the people of Mississippi with empathy and determination. I’m proud to endorse him and his historic campaign to become the state’s first Black U.S. Senator since Reconstruction.
Espy is running against Republican incumbent U.S. Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith. Voting will take place in Mississippi Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
- MARCH MADNESS: Raymond and Lanier advance to 4A championship
- Jackson native Dante Brown wins SEC 60M championship
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing
- Southern Miss to resume In person courses come Fall 2021
- COVID-19 relief package moves to Senate, faces GOP opposition