WASHINGTON (WJTV) – On Thursday, U.S. Senator Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) met with Judge Amy Coney Barrett, President Donald J. Trump’s pick to replace the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the U.S. Supreme Court.
Wicker released the following statement:
Judge Amy Coney Barrett is exceptionally qualified to be our nation’s newest Supreme Court Justice. Our meeting confirmed to me why so many of her former colleagues and students have praised her nomination. Judge Barrett was gracious, warm, and sharp, and she expressed a deep love for our country and our Constitution. I look forward to supporting her through the Senate’s confirmation process.U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss.
Barrett met with U.S. Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.
- UMMC’s 1,000th hospitalized patient with COVID-19 discharged on Monday
- Trick-or-Treat at the Two Mississippi Museums
- Woman accused impersonating prosecutor, attempting to drop her own case
- Man accused of stealing dying woman’s phone outside Anheuser-Busch brewery
- ‘Sign of the times’: Florida man stole backhoe, ran down Biden signs, police say