RIPLEY, Miss. (WJTV) – South Tippah School District confirmed six employees and one student have tested positive for COVID-19, according to the Daily Journal.
“There are six positive cases among faculty and staff throughout the entire district, none of which we can confirm came from the school setting,” said Superintendent Tony Elliott, who also tested positive for the virus earlier this week. “However, we are positive that some of the six came from outside the school setting and just happen to be employees of the school system.”
The school district was only in session for two days.
- Queen Elizabeth II to trim costs as COVID-19 hits income
- Health Care Heroes: Medicare University
- Richmond baby hears mother’s voice for first time with priceless reaction
- Evel Knievel’s son suing Disney over ‘Toy Story 4’ character
- Hearing seeks to move protest shooter Kyle Rittenhouse for trial in Wisconsin