COMO, Miss. (AP) — Authorities say a shooting killed two people and wounded others during a concert in a small northwest Mississippi town.
Gunfire broke out about 2:30 a.m. Sunday during a rap concert at LP’s Ball Park in the town of Como, District Attorney John Champion told WREG-TV. There are currently no suspects.
Champion said several people were wounded but did not give a number, WREG-TV reported.
Como is a town of about 1,200 located about 45 miles (72 kilometers) south of Memphis, Tennessee.
Champion did not immediately respond to a phone message from The Associated Press about the shooting. He is prosecutor for the five counties in Mississippi’s 17th Circuit Court District.
- Two suspected migrants found dead in surf near capsized panga boat
- Jackson Prep’s Coach Ricky Black is just seven wins away from the big 400
- LIVE: Isaias regains hurricane strength; Carolinas brace for storm surge, floods
- Digital First: USM lab offers COVID-19 results in 24-hours for students
- Can Congress save the live music industry before it’s too late?