VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Vicksburg Police Department, six police officers tested positive for the coronavirus. All six officers are recovering in their homes and are under quarantine for up to fourteen days from the date of their test.
Three officers tested positive for the virus on Monday, November 16, two more tested positive on Tuesday, November 17, and one tested positive on Wednesday, November 19. No additional police department employees have tested positive for the coronavirus.
All police department buildings have been professionally sanitized and all employees are mandated to wear masks and practice social distancing as much as possible while on duty in an effort to curb the spread of the virus.
Officials said the public should wear masks when conducting business at the police station.
- Target Black Friday deals: Final week of discounts released
- NFL Speed Round: Takeaways from Taysom Hill’s start, NFC East race
- Inequality ‘baked into’ virus testing access as cases surge
- Michigan officials certify election, sealing Biden victory
- White House still planning holiday parties, despite virus warnings