FRANKLIN COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – The Franklin County Sheriff’s Department is investigating after a six-year-old boy was shot and killed.
The shooting happened at a home on Whiteapple Road around 8:30 Tuesday night. Deputies said several shots were fired into the home.
A 46-year-old woman and a six-year-old boy were shot. The boy died from his injuries at the hospital. The woman is expected to be okay.
Deputies said they’re interviewing persons of interest and witnesses. No arrests have been made in this case.
- 238 new coronavirus cases, 9 additional deaths in Mississippi
- VIDEO: One dead, at least 7 injured in overnight storm that ripped through Louisiana
- Fire burning underground in Utah can’t be extinguished
- Taking this step after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine makes a difference, CDC says
- Stimulus checks: What we know about how people are spending the $1,400