JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Mississippi House Speaker Philip announced his appointments to the Commission to Redesign the Mississippi State Flag.
He selected Mayor of Oxford Robyn Tannehill, President of Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Dr. Mary Graham and TJ Taylor, who is a member of Gunn’s staff.
Governor Tate Reeves and Lt. Governor Delbert Hosemann have not announced their appointments to the commission.
The commission was formed after Reeves signed House Bill 1796 into law, which removed the former state flag that contained the Confederate battle emblem.
The group is currently seeking submissions for a new flag.
- Jackson native Wilson Furr advances to round of 32 at U.S. Amateur Championship
- Hall of Fame Profile: Antonio McDyess
- Family now seeks justice after Wilson boy killed, man captured
- Missing Brownsville woman found dead in Matamoros
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals