JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Mississippi House Speaker Philip Gunn is among the state lawmakers who have tested positive for the coronavirus.
Gunn made the announcement Sunday on Facebook after learning his test results were positive.
He shared that he decided to get tested after being in close proximity with one of the House members who recently contracted the virus.
Gunn said he does not have severe symptoms and will be sure to self- quarantine.
“Now, I feel fine and I feel very fortunate that I don’t really have very many symptoms. I feel like I am one of the very fortunate ones,” said Gunn.
- Family fighting over inheritance from sale of T. rex remains
- Sports Zone: Preview of High School Football Championships
- Democrats won’t bail out Santos this time around, sending grim sign about fate in House
- NASCAR reaches $7.7B deal with streaming platforms, major networks
- Footlong cookies are coming to Subway restaurants nationwide