JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Mississippi House Speaker Philip Gunn is among the state lawmakers who have tested positive for the coronavirus.
Gunn made the announcement Sunday on Facebook after learning his test results were positive.
He shared that he decided to get tested after being in close proximity with one of the House members who recently contracted the virus.
Gunn said he does not have severe symptoms and will be sure to self- quarantine.
“Now, I feel fine and I feel very fortunate that I don’t really have very many symptoms. I feel like I am one of the very fortunate ones,” said Gunn.
- Newsfeed Now: Federal warrant issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito case; DC shutdown looms as lawmakers at odds over budget
- Here we go! Cast announced for new Super Mario Bros. animated movie
- Action that Brian Laundrie is accused of making during Gabby Petito disappearance led to FBI arrest warrant
- Groups push White House to close detention centers run by private firms
- New International Boundary & Water Commission leader proud of border roots