LINCOLN COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi Supreme Court on Thursday, July 30, appointed retired Circuit Judge Richard W. McKenzie of Hattiesburg to preside over the Lincoln County case of State v. Marquis A. Flowers.
The special judge appointment order is at this link.
Flowers is awaiting trial in the 2018 shooting deaths of two Brookhaven police officers, James White and Zach Moak. He was denied bond earlier this year.
- State health officials urge Mississippians to vote “no” on initiative 65
- Connect Jxn to accept community input for land use development in Jackson
- Tiny Rubik’s Cube goes on sale in Japan to mark 40th anniversary
- Watch: Restaurants fry up different takes on the empanada
- Report: USPS nears settlement with 19 states on election mail