LINCOLN COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – The Mississippi Supreme Court on Thursday, July 30, appointed retired Circuit Judge Richard W. McKenzie of Hattiesburg to preside over the Lincoln County case of State v. Marquis A. Flowers.
The special judge appointment order is at this link.
Flowers is awaiting trial in the 2018 shooting deaths of two Brookhaven police officers, James White and Zach Moak. He was denied bond earlier this year.
- Rhode Island doctor accused of ‘recklessly’ exposing patients, staff to COVID-19
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault