RANKIN COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – Barnett Reservoir officials will close the Spillway Recreation Area on both sides of the Pearl River below the dam for the 4th annual Operation Clean Sweep. The area will close at 4:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 19, 2020.
Only volunteers participating in the project will be allowed through the gates. The west side of the trailrace is expected to reopen to fishing and other recreation as volunteers finish cleaning the riprap and parking lot areas. Workers will then move to the east side, which will also serve as the trash collection site. The west side will remain closed through Sunday, September 20, 2020.
For more information on information on Operation Clean Sweep, click here.
- Alabama native and Auburn grad Laurel Goldman competing on CBS’s ‘Love Island’
- PHOTOS: Remembering Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Justice Ginsburg’s ‘fervent’ last wish was to ‘not be replaced until a new president is installed,’ report says
- 59-year-old basic training grad set to join son’s Army unit
- Texas school district apologizes for ‘hero’ assignment listing accused Kenosha shooter