HINDS COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – Councilman De’Keither Stamps is the winner of House District 66, defeating Bob c. Lee. Jr.
Stamps and Lee had a runoff after neither candidate received 50% of the vote on September 22nd. On Tuesday, Stamps received 36.60% while Lee had a little over 26%.
After the victory Stamps gave thanks to God, family, and to the voters. Last year, Stamps lost this very same race by a small margin.
“When you lose by .3% and back to the whole state by 1,100 votes, it cuts kind of deep. I just want to say thank you to the good Lord for giving me strength,” said Stamps.
Stamps said he and Lee both pledge to work together to move Hinds County and Mississippi forward.
- Mississippi Blood Services at crisis level for blood donations
- WATCH: Lady Gaga sings national anthem at Biden’s inauguration
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?
- Hosemann Family Foundation creates scholarship for future educators
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book