HINDS COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – Councilman De’Keither Stamps is the winner of House District 66, defeating Bob c. Lee. Jr.
Stamps and Lee had a runoff after neither candidate received 50% of the vote on September 22nd. On Tuesday, Stamps received 36.60% while Lee had a little over 26%.
After the victory Stamps gave thanks to God, family, and to the voters. Last year, Stamps lost this very same race by a small margin.
“When you lose by .3% and back to the whole state by 1,100 votes, it cuts kind of deep. I just want to say thank you to the good Lord for giving me strength,” said Stamps.
Stamps said he and Lee both pledge to work together to move Hinds County and Mississippi forward.
- VIDEO: Juarez mayor confident he’ll overcome COVID-19 complications
- Harrison County neighbors work to protect homes, businesses from Zeta
- Forrest County NAACP sponsoring “Rides to the Polls”
- Former ‘Disney on Ice’ skater recovering after random stabbing in Indiana
- Salvation Army encourages people to register for Angel Tree program