JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – On Wednesday, Mississippi Insurance Commissioner and State Fire Marshal Mike Chaney made a donation to the Jackson Veterans Nursing Home in Jackson.
Chaney donated blankets, socks, sweatshirts and other essential items that help people keep warm. Stacey Pickering, executive director of Mississippi Veterans Affairs Board, said it means a lot for veterans to receive gifts like this, because it makes them feel important and not forgotten.
According to Pickering, the nursing home is looking for donations year round. If you would like to make a donation, click here.
- Dr. Fauci presents his personal virus model to the Smithsonian
- New lawyers for ‘Tiger King’ Joe Exotic to ask for new trial
- No fans from abroad for postponed Tokyo Olympics, report says
- WATCH: Bear roams Los Angeles neighborhood
- Black market for marijuana still thriving even as more states legalize it for medicinal, recreational use