JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – “If Mississippi would just simply change the state flag, it would help with the brain drain and people would be more willing to come back,” tweeted Jordan Jefferson in June 2020.
Jefferon was the SGA President at Jackson State University, a Rhodes Scholar finalist and he will be a Harvard grad student in the fall.
This weekend, he was at the Mississippi State Capitol, witnessing lawmakers complete a historic vote on the state flag. 12 News talked to Jefferson about the decision made by lawmakers to change the flag and how it possibly contributed to the state’s brain drain.
Click here to read a report about Mississippi’s brain drain.
- Canton Hot Air Balloon Fest canceled due to inclement weather
- Canton Ballon Fest canceled due to weather, fireworks still a go
- Jackson man shot in head, killed following argument
- Home collapses down hill in Vicksburg
- Texas has its biggest daily rise in virus cases