JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – “If Mississippi would just simply change the state flag, it would help with the brain drain and people would be more willing to come back,” tweeted Jordan Jefferson in June 2020.
Jefferon was the SGA President at Jackson State University, a Rhodes Scholar finalist and he will be a Harvard grad student in the fall.
This weekend, he was at the Mississippi State Capitol, witnessing lawmakers complete a historic vote on the state flag. 12 News talked to Jefferson about the decision made by lawmakers to change the flag and how it possibly contributed to the state’s brain drain.
Click here to read a report about Mississippi’s brain drain.
- Protesters march in Asheville, leave casket full of dirt at police station
- 3 arrested after man fatally run over by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft
- Drew Brees is focused on team success, not his stats through two games
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- Sister Norma, a South Texas icon, named among Time’s 100 Most Influential People of 2020