JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC), a state inmate hospitalized for several days has died at a Greenville hospital.
Brandon Flowers, 42, was serving 18 years at the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility in Rankin County for aggravated assault. He was pronounced dead Sunday morning at Allegiance Specialty Hospital of Greenville.
MDOC said the cause and the manner of death are pending an autopsy.
Flowers pled guilty in Grenada County and was sentenced to 20 years, with two years on probation, on August 17, 2018.
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Governor Reeves speaks at White House
- SCOTUS to hear arguments on ACA, where does Mississippi stand in the fight on healthcare?
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting