LORMAN, Miss. (WJTV) – Mississippi State Treasurer David McRae will return $20,000 in unclaimed property to Alcorn State University on Thursday, September 24.
According to a media release from Treasurer David McRae, after five years of no contact, banks, credit unions, insurance companies, retail stores, and others are required to turn over any assets for which they are unable to find the rightful owner. The Treasury Department’s Unclaimed Property Division is charged with trying to locate the owners of such assets and return the money to them.
- 7.5 magnitude earthquake strikes near Alaska; tsunami warning issued
- Standing in the gap: grassroots efforts to tackle inequities in education
- Stimulus update: Pelosi, Mnuchin ‘narrow differences’ ahead of House speaker’s Tuesday deadline
- Putting the ‘X’ back in Mexico: Gigantic red sculpture getting a makeover in Juarez
- CVS hiring several thousand work-from-home employees among 15,000 openings