COLUMBIA, Miss (WJTV) - The man responsible for a fatal car crash in Marion County has been arrested.
Kevin Allen, 40, was arrested by deputies and charged with two counts of manslaughter, one count of felony fleeing and one count of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer.
The evening of July 3, Allen turned his car around near a police checkpoint. Law enforcement pursued him and tried to box the car in. The vehicle Allen was driving swerved causing both cars to wreck.
Allen's vehicle flipped. One passenger was pronounced dead on the scene. Another died at Forrest General later.
He is in the custody of the Marion County Sheriff's Department pending an initial appearance.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Gala opens countdown to 50th anniversary of 1st moon landing
- Gunman in Trader Joe's standoff was feuding with grandmother
- Corvette Club raises money for Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi
- Students gather for 3rd Annual Back to School Jam