Mississippi State’s Oak Hall dorm catches on fire

State

STARKVILLE, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Chief Communications Officer at Mississippi State University, Oak Hall dorm on the Starkville campus caught on fire Sunday night.

According to Sid Salter’s Twitter page, the fire involved two rooms and another 30 were impacted by water damage. No students were hurt.

Investigators believed the fire started when an electrical fire sparked and spread to bed linens, but an official ruling will be made by a fire marshal.

Salter said temporary housing for Oak Hall students will be provided, along with academic accommodations and other assistance.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories