HANCOCK COUNTY, Miss. (WLOX) – Storm shelters in South Mississippi are beginning to open ahead of Hurricane Marco, according to WLOX.
The following shelters will be open at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, August 23:
- Kiln 361: 18320 Highway 43 Kiln, MS
- First Methodist Church of Columbia: 411 Church Street Columbia, MS
Neighbors are asked to bring all items to be self-contained, including bedding, medications, personal hygiene items, drinks and snacks. Pets will not be allowed in the general population shelters.
For questions or further information, call the Hancock County EMA at 228-255-0942.
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in US soar to new daily record
- Work on new border wall on hold while agency reviews water district’s concerns
- Trump’s weakening of century-old bird preservation act worries South Texas environmentalists
- Juarez surpasses 2019 homicide totals despite lockdowns, pandemic
- ‘I’m a shell of myself’: Oregon COVID-19 long haulers describe debilitating symptoms