JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police said a man was taken into custody in connection to the city’s first homicide of 2021. According to investigators, Pierre Rouster turned himself in on Saturday, January 2.
Rouster has been accused of stabbing his brother-in-law, Tony Short, multiple times on Friday. The incident happened in the 300 block of Archer Avenue. Police said the deadly stabbing stemmed from an argument about Short’s sister moving out.
The case is still under investigation.
- LIVE: Rissi Palmer talks diversity and inclusion in country music
- Fauci: Whatever vaccine is available, take it
- JSU receives $124K grant to help recruit graduate teachers
- Manhunt underway in Pearl after suspect steals, wrecks police car
- Edgar Egbert ruled mentally competent to stand trial for kidnapping, shooting at Madison County deputies