TALLAHATCHIE COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) – According to the Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC), an inmate died after a fight with another inmate at the privately-operated Tallahatchie County Correctional Facility in Tutwiler.
Officials said Lester Andre Henderson, 36, died before being transported to a hospital Wednesday evening. He was sentenced to 15 years on May 2, 2013, for unlawful touching of a child in Harrison County.
Facility administrators notified MDOC’s Corrections Investigation Division (CID), which is assisting the private prison in its investigation. The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation also is involved. The investigation into this death is ongoing.
The MDOC contracts with the private prison operator, CoreCivic, to house state inmates.
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- Kermit Davis among hundreds teeing off for a good cause at Andi’s Army Golf Tournament
- Madison County Schools doing well one month into fall semester
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case
- Cindy McCain endorses Biden for president in rebuke of Trump