TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – You might want to think twice about filling your glass from the sink – there may be cancer-causing products in tap water.
That’s according to a new report from the Environmental Working Group.
Researchers say they found 22 carcinogens – including arsenic, uranium and radium – in tap water.
The watchdog group says there may be a health risk even though most tap water meets the legal standards put in place by the federal government.
The study was published Thursday in the Journal Heliyon.
- Hotdog eating contest in Vicksburg
- Newsfeed Now for December 10: Articles of Impeachment, Alabama man says it’s never too late to follow dreams, Kansas high school gives back to community
- Waste Management truck overturns on I-220 N
- People protest proposed Madison County landfill
- Two arrested in connection to the Forest Avenue shootings