MAGNOLIA, Miss. (AP) — A teenage defendant in Mississippi wants the location of her pending February murder trial changed.
Amariyona Hall is charged in the death of her mother, Ericka Hall, 32, who was killed in 2019.
Hall was just 14 at the time of her mother’s death in southwest Mississippi’s Pike County.
Investigators said the teen and her 12-year-old sister stabbed and shot their mother. Amariyona Hall is being charged as an adult.
Hall’s defense team said the location of the trial should be shifted away from Pike County because jurors there would be prejudiced against her because of the publicity the murder received.
- 238 new coronavirus cases, 9 additional deaths in Mississippi
- VIDEO: One dead, at least 7 injured in overnight storm that ripped through Louisiana
- Fire burning underground in Utah can’t be extinguished
- Taking this step after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine makes a difference, CDC says
- Stimulus checks: What we know about how people are spending the $1,400