JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Jackson police are investigating after a 15-year-old boy was injured in a shooting on Friday, July 24.
The shooting happened just before 11:00 a.m. on St. Charles Street near Houston Avenue. Police said the teen was walking in the area, and he was shot by a suspect in a red SUV.
The teen is expected to be okay. Investigators said the motive for the shooting is unknown.
Police are working to find the suspect.
- Here’s the reality behind Trump’s claims about mail voting
- Titans vs. Steelers game postponed due to positive COVID-19 tests
- Hinds County Election Commission receives $1.5M grant for November election
- One person shot on West Capitol Street in Jackson
- Terry, Northwest Rankin football game canceled after player tests positive for COVID-19