VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – Police say a 14-year-old boy was killed while walking with a group of people in Vicksburg. It happened just before midnight in the 1200 block of Bowmar Avenue.
The Warren County coroner identified the victim as 14-year-old Keiyln Cessna. The teen was shot twice and died at the scene.
Police arrested 17-year-old Kevon Dulaney in connection to the shooting. They said Dulaney surrendered without incident at the Vicksburg Police Department Tuesday afternoon.
Dulaney appeared in court on Tuesday, September 8, 2020, charged with murder. He was bound over to the Warren County Grand Jury on a $1 million bond.
- From Scranton to Pennsylvania Avenue: Joe Biden’s Story
- Captain Ross retires from Hinds County Sheriff’s Office
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- Fewer than half of COVID-19 vaccines promised to Baja California will be delivered
- 3 South Texas congressmen ‘optimistic’ as Biden vows to tackle immigration