VICKSBURG, Miss. (WJTV) – Police say a 14-year-old boy was killed while walking with a group of people in Vicksburg. It happened just before midnight in the 1200 block of Bowmar Avenue.
The Warren County coroner identified the victim as 14-year-old Keiyln Cessna. The teen was shot twice and died at the scene.
Police arrested 17-year-old Kevon Dulaney in connection to the shooting. They said Dulaney surrendered without incident at the Vicksburg Police Department Tuesday afternoon.
Dulaney appeared in court on Tuesday, September 8, 2020, charged with murder. He was bound over to the Warren County Grand Jury on a $1 million bond.
- U.S. Highway 98 westbound on the Pearl River Bridge to close Thursday
- Final round of ‘Jeopardy!’ guests hosts announced — including a fan favorite
- Nathan’s Famous to open ‘non-traditional’ kitchens within select Walmart stores
- Archaeologists find home of Harriet Tubman’s father
- Cruz joins call for Biden to fix breaches in border levee before hurricane season in South Texas