LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) After a week of protests sparked by the shooting death of Trayford Pellerin, Lafayette-area protest organizers say they want to see the officers involved in his shooting death arrested and charged with his murder.
“Release the names and tapes of the murderers of Trayford Pellerin,” organizer Jamal Taylor said.
Protestors gathered Saturday and marched in the streets of downtown Lafayette to Martin Hall on the campus of UL Lafayette.
During a speech, one organizer also demanded that Lafayette Police increase and revise the firearm training and other violent tactics designed to be used against citizens.
Protestors said they plan to continue their march later Saturday around downtown Lafayette, making stops at the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center and City Hall.
*Warning– Some language in the video may be disturbing to viewers*
- Sharkey County town closes vaccine access gap thanks to medical volunteers
- 12 News Investigates: Mobile COVID-19 vaccines for Madison Co. teachers, staff
- JSU Tennis Prepares for SWAC Tournament
- Bill banning transgender athletes’ participation in public school sports headed to Governor’s desk
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day