JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – Tropical Storm Delta pushed wind gusts up to 45 mph early Saturday morning across the Jackson Metro. Storm Team 12 says sustained winds have been over 20 mph for hours at Medgar Wiley-Evers International Airport.
12 News Viewer Will Day sent in this video of flags whipping in the tropical storm winds at a car dealership just off County Line Road in North Jackson. Winds may not subside until around sunrise Saturday. Patchy power outages and tree damage have been reported across the Metro from the strong winds.
- Letters, texts, caravans, parades: Advocates mobilize voters
- Feds issue coverage plan for COVID-19 vaccine and treatments
- Philadelphia pledges better response after Black man’s death
- Road trip: In Mississippi, love in the time of coronavirus
- Harrison County officials extend curfew in aftermath of Hurricane Zeta