JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – A morning run in Jackson was held to honor the life of a firefighter who died on 9-11.
The Tunnel to Towers 5K run and walk wound through the district. It paid tribute to Stephen Siller, a New York firefighter who died in the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel while responding to the World Trade Center.
Current firefighters and police officers were honored and organizers said everyone should always remember 9-11 beyond the day.
“Take it outside of that one day, but to remember them, not just on that one day, but how much they do for us beyond one day of the year,” expressed Teddi Duckworth.
Miss Mississippi America 202 was also in attendance.
- West Jackson homeowners thankful to survive tornado day before Thanksgiving
- CDC considering shortening quarantine time for COVID-19 exposure
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Doctor shares video showing what COVID patients see in final moments
- Traveling nurse gets shocking diagnosis while helping with coronavirus efforts in North Dakota