JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – The holiday season is upon us. However, the food insecurity caused by the coronavirus pandemic and looming economic crisis will prevent many Metro area families from sharing a normal holiday meal.
Two local organizations, Springboard to Opportunities and the Jackson (MS) Chapter of the Links, Inc., of Jackson (MS), joined forces to alleviate the stress many families may experience this time of year. Turkeys were donated to 120 families to help them achieve a normal Thanksgiving meal.
This project is in conjunction with The Links, Incorporated Mentoring Program. The program is designed to strengthen the bonds of friendship and foster close relationships during these unusual times and beyond.
The Links Incorporated is set to provide services to Jackson Public School District children at Isable Elementary School by sponsoring tutoring for students.
During the Christmas holiday, they will hold another giveaway providing turkeys, canned foods and desserts.
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- Nestlé recalls 762,000 pounds of pepperoni Hot Pockets
- Biden picks Rachel Levine as assistant health secretary
- Thief berated mom for leaving kid in car he stole, police say
- Mets general manager admits sending explicit texts and images to female reporter, report says